Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

10 weeks of PSEAD

I did a BA in Art Education in China, however the academy changed its name to Fine Art. In China, the classifications of art are more traditional, we have got different majors like: oil painting, Chinese painting, Chinese calligraphy, sculpture, and experimental art. Fortunately, my courses included most of the basic practices of these majors I mentioned. However, it was very difficult to communicate with different tutors from the other disciplines, not to mention the people from outside of the industry. Then I realized that also exhibition is a tool of art education for the public, however, there are no curation courses at universities in China. That is the main reason why I chose UCA.

The PSEAD course has been a great transition period between my bachelor course and master course. Through the 10 weeks pre-sessional English courses, I have changed a lot of studying habits. First of all, mostly form of Chinese students studying is tutor center, however, I know how to do independent research, which helped me build my confidence. Secondly, I never tried group work in art before. As you know, art contains lots of disciplines. From now on, I could use critique thinking to accept a diversity of different opinions. Thirdly, I improved my writing academic skills and it will be essential to me during my main course.


The question that I wish to investigate in my master course is based around the theme of contemporary art. As an independent curator, I propose to investigate the role of installation and video art in public education system direction. I want to explore the unique effects of other original performances. I wish to investigate the connections between art system and agency as well as installation as a multidimensional performance, and what it brings to plastic art. Video is a multi-sensory manifestation that has attracted by visual and sound. This area of study crosses into many types of artistic practice and theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment